2. Participants who use prohibited aids or try to obtain an advantage by other means of manipulation shall be excluded from participating. In such cases, the winner can also be disqualified retroactively and required to return the prize. Individuals who make untrue statements about themselves shall also be disqualified.
3. Only natural persons who are of age are eligible to participate and they must be permanent residents of Germany, Austria, the UK, France, Spain, or the USA. Employees of Gerhard D. Wempe KG and members of their families may not take part in the prize draw.
4. Participation in the prize draw is free of charge and no purchase is necessary.
5. To participate in the prize draw, individuals must do the following: Fill out the participation form.
6. The participation form is only valid if all of the required fields are completed — the participant’s last name, first name, and e-mail address must be entered, in particular.
7. A person can only take part once (per prize draw) and win only a single prize.
8. The prize draw begins at 12 midnight CET on May 29, 2017. Participants can enter until 11:59 p.m. CET on June 23, 2017.
9. The winners of the prize draw will be determined as follows:
The winners will be determined during the working week from June 26–30, 2017. All participants who correctly and completely filled in all of the required fields in the participation form will take part in the prize draw. The winners are chosen at random.
10. The winners will be invited to a joint welcome dinner at the restaurant "Burg Staufeneck" on the preceding evening, to take part in the aforementioned guided tour through the Wempe Atelier L.C. Köhler in Schwäbisch Gmünd and to a joint lunch on the day of the guided tour.
11. The winner has to bear all of the costs associated with the prize trip that are not expressly covered by the prize — e.g. the costs of individual travel and from the destination, overnight stays, meals, and other travel costs.
12. The date of the visit is fixed. The winner has no claim to a specific date.
13. The winner bears sole responsibility for all necessary travel formalities (e.g. valid passport, visa etc.). If a winner cannot take part in a trip for reasons that are not the responsibility Gerhard D. Wempe KG, the winner shall lose any right to the prize and has no claim to compensation.
14. If the prize includes the attendance of an accompanying person, in the event that the winner is a minor, Gerhard D. Wempe KG reserves the right to require that the person accompanying the winner either has custody (generally a parent), or that the accompanying person is of age, has parental power in the sense of Germany’s Protection of Young Persons Act, and has been selected for this purpose by a person who has custody of the winner (generally a parent).
15. The winners shall be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address entered in the participation form. If the winner does not respond within two weeks of the dispatch of the notification, then all claim to participation in the Atelier visit shall be forfeited and a new winner shall be drawn. If the new winner is not reachable within three working days either, the prize shall become void altogether.
16. The participant is responsible for ensuring that the e-mail address entered is correct. No liability is assumed for the announcement of the winners.
17. Prizes cannot be exchanged and are not transferable. Prizes cannot be paid out in cash.
18. Gerhard D. Wempe KG reserves the right to cancel the prize draw at any time and without giving any reason or prior notification if the proper performance of the prize draw cannot be guaranteed due to technical or legal reasons. The prize draw will be cancelled, if the minimum level of participants of eight persons is not reached.
19. Gerhard D. Wempe KG reserves the right to cancel the prize and replace it with another prize of equal or greater value.
20. Legal recourse is excluded.
21. Should individual provisions of these Conditions of Participation be or become invalid the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. The invalid provision shall be replaced by an appropriate provision which most closely fulfills the purpose intended by the invalid provision.